Monday, March 8, 2010

Quick I need inspiration for a quick Birthday card!!






Yes I just remembered it's my long time friends eldest daughters 7th birthday on Monday next week. Thankfully my PIC gave me a tutorial for a flap card she had seen someone make. Her blog has a link for it. Anyways it was a perfect quick project for me. I used the colours from The Play Date Cafe colour challenge. All other products are Stampin Up. I used my new Sale-a-bration stamp set Vintage Labels. I really like this scallop stamp. I think it's because you can then use the punch ;-)


So using Yellows was a bit of challenge for me I don't tend to use it for the main/focal colour but I think I got there and really it's too late if I didn't,as it needs to be in the mail bag tomorrow to travel 1400kms.


Anyhow I hope you like my card, I was given some really strong magnets by my PIC (thanks :)but they are so strong I remember magnetising them to something metal and now I can't find them Doh!! That's also what happens when you rearrange your house aahhh!! So my sticky magnet strip is abit tempramental, I bit like me LOL!!


Sorry my pictures aren't the best the blurry one is for you to see the colours more accurately and the other one is to see the vintage label stamps and the DSP. I decorated the inside with Summer Sun card and confetti white cardstock with the sentiment from the Vintage label Stamp set at the bottom right corner.
Thanks for looking, hopefully I have more time to craft this week...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohhh this is pretty. You did a great job with it. I havent used my vintage label set yet, i think i should

Jean said...

Hi Kooky - It's a great card. I have this stamp too but have yet to use it. I want to see what everyone else does with it first. :) If you like challenges, drop by www.justscraps.ca where we've just posted only our second. We'd love to have you play along.

Sarah Anderson said...

what a pretty card, thanks for playing at the play date cafe; glad we helped with your inspiration :)

Crochet creations and soaps

These days I am finding myself pondering life and the craziness that is happening in the world and how it affects my life and family. I find...