Saturday, March 21, 2020

Crochet creations and soaps

These days I am finding myself pondering life and the craziness that is happening in the world and how it affects my life and family. I find myself being thankful for my hobbies to keep me grounded. I love to crochet and currently I have 2 projects in the go. One is a cute little baby blanket for a work colleagues sister who’s expecting her first baby in September 💓 the colour theme is pink, grey and white. I am using a pattern for the granny squares out of a Patons pattern book Modern Crochet, polka dot rug. But I am making a pram size. And doing a completely different border which is in my head rather than on paper. Secondly I started a spike stitch blanket inspired by a good friend who follows a blog called Attic 24. This is the link and the colours and pictures are truly inspirational. I wasn’t in the position to indulge in some new yarns so I hunted thru my rather generous stash. Ta dah! I found 12 colours and away I started.

I’ve also been supporting my Mums new hobby which is making soaps... I absolutely adore homemade soaps and my Mum is an absolute champion at it. Her creations are truly inspirational and thankfully I have lovely work mates that appreciate her creations and have been helping support her also. 🥰 Mum taught me at the end of our Christmas holidays and I managed to make 2 batches but unfortunately haven’t had time to make anymore yet! Fingers crossed I’ll be able to find the time soon to make another batch to put away for a rainy day 😉

Just made 2 batches of biscuits to feed my troops, I’m sure they’ll last at least the day considering it’s just after 3pm 😂
Now I’m going to mow the front lawn before there’s too many clippings to put in my bin!
Have a great weekend...

No comments:

Crochet creations and soaps

These days I am finding myself pondering life and the craziness that is happening in the world and how it affects my life and family. I find...