Saturday, July 30, 2011

A challenge and some finished craft projects...




Hi there on this rainy day in Mid west Australia....Can you believe it I have actually made a card this week...(Shock horror)...I have a few special people this month that are celebrating their birthdays...One is DH who will be turning 39 this year and we are going camping with some good friends so that he can jump out of a plane to celebrate the one before the big one LOL!! Madness I think but "whatever makes you happy" is his favourite quote to me and he would never stand in my way of anything that my heart desires...so off we'll go to support him:) So hopefully early this week I will get a chance to make him a card. The card I did get to make is for a lifelong friend who lives about 1300-1400kms away, she is going thru a rough patch with her health this past few months so send your good thoughts and blessings to her this month on the 13th her name is Helen. This is the card I made for her, I used my newest stamps from Stampin Up and other SU products, I am quite happy with the result...I drew my inspiration from the sketch over at Our Craft Lounge

Now I thought i would try and make the picture a little more interesting, so I included some other things in the pic which is my own little pottery incense burner and holder, I was able to organise a pottery night for the women in our community with a very talented professional potter whom was visiting our town on her annual holiday (she is 76yrs young) The ladies all had a great night and there were some gorgeous creations. The fabric in the background is from Saffron Craigs Fabric range, she is an Australian designer and I was lucky enough to recieve a gorgeous assortment of co-ordinating fabrics in one of her ranges from my talented lifelong friend Emm :) So with it I managed to make myself a skirt as pictured sorry it isn't ironed I had to hunt it down from the laundry basket...but anyone who knows me knows I don't iron unless I absolutely have to :-D



The third card that I will get to this week is for another wonderful friend who also lives a great distance from me but is always in my thoughts and a subscriber to my blog so will have to post it after she recieves it ;-) Happy Birthday!!



Now lastly in this very long post I have a photo of a quilt that i have made this year. I bought the top as a quilt kit probably 2 years or so ago but it was one of those buys that had a negative vibe with it so I had no desire to create it but after many Bach flower essences and encouragement from good friends I completed it for our local Art and Craft Exhibition in August, I have to say it has given me a great sense of accomplishment and I am happy with the final result.


I Hope you enjoyed my very long post and I thank you for your patience:) Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

2 comments:

Kendra said...

Beautiful card! Thanks so much for joining us for the Our Craft Lounge Sketch challenge this week!

Lori said...

Lovely card! I like how you highlighted part of the flower with the beveled window piece. Thanks for joining us for this week's OCL challenge.

Crochet creations and soaps

These days I am finding myself pondering life and the craziness that is happening in the world and how it affects my life and family. I find...